Ok, so you have installed Windows NT onto your computer.
I'm going to assume a little more advanced knowledge here since
you would need it to install NT ;)
Firstly we need to make sure that RAS is installed on you PC :
- Goto My Computer.. and click on Dial Up Networking.
- Either 1 of 2 things should happen. Either you will come up
with a screen with an empty/full address book or it will ask you
to install RAS. If you get the address book skip to step 8.
- When you click install, NT will install some files (usually
off the CD) and then ask you to add a RAS device. This is simply
asking for the modem you have attached to your PC.
- Click Install Modem (or select your modem from the list of
RAS Capable Devices) and it will detect which modem you have,
install it and seelct it and press OK. You should now see something
similiar to this:
- Highlight the modem, click Configure... Make sure that the Configure
Port Usage has Dial Out Only setup. Then click OK.
- Again you should be back to the screen from step 4. Now click
on Network and make sure ONLY TCP/IP is ticked. So now RAS is
- Now we need to create the dial entry. So click My Computer and
then Dial Up Networking and you should see the address book screen
- To create a new connection TOPTHIS, click New... You will then
be asked for a name for this connection. Enter TOPTHIS and click
- On the next screen you ONLY need to have Connecting to the Internet
and Send my Plain Text Password ticked. Then click Next.
- Next screen will ask you for the phone number you will be calling.
This will be your local
access phone number. Then click Next..